Monday, 13 July 2015

Upcoming conference at Cardiff University: "Magic and the Supernatural in the Medieval and Early Modern Periods"


I know that I haven’t blogged on here in a while (I’ve been super, super busy with a variety of projects), but I just wanted to advertise a conference that is being held on Tuesday 21st July at Cardiff University on the subject of “Magic and the Supernatural in the Medieval and Early Modern Periods”. I will be in attendance to present a paper on the subject of “The Anglo-Saxon “Cunning Woman” ? New Perspectives from Archaeology and History”, which is based in large part on research that I conducted for my master’s degree a few years ago. It looks set to be a great conference, with keynote speeches from eminent historians of magic and witchcraft Darren Oldridge and Ronald Hutton (who provided an interview for this blog last year). For the benefit of those who won't be able to make it, I'll aim to produce a summary of the conference at some point next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment