Wednesday, 22 October 2014

That Friggin' Paper is Now Available For Free - But For a Few Days Only!

As I'm sure that the majority of academics can attest, it's always nice when other folks read, appreciate, and even share your work, particularly when those folks happen to be complete strangers seemingly operating outside of the ivory towers. Thus, I was delighted to find that my recent paper on "The Goddess Frig: Reassessing an Anglo-Saxon Deity" was referenced in a post about "Friday" here at the Irregular Times (no, I'd never heard of it either, but it seems interesting). I'm not sure that the post accurately represents my argument, particularly given that it mixes up the Norse deity Frigg with the proposed Anglo-Saxon goddess Frig (something quite contrary to the intentions of my paper), but still - it's great that people are reading my work!

And that brings me on the fact that it has recently been announced that the latest issue of Preternature: Critical and Historical Studies on the Preternatural - in which my paper was published - will be available here on JSTOR for free up until Sunday 27 October in honour of Open Access Week. After that, however, the paywall goes back up. So for anyone out there who would be really interested in reading the paper but couldn't legitimate paying a fee to do so, this is your lucky day; go download it!

No comments:

Post a Comment