Monday, 10 February 2014

Look whose letter was “Editor's Choice" in the latest issue of British Archaeology magazine....

Long story short, it's mine. I've never before actually written a letter to the editor of British Archaeology, the publication of the Council for British Archaeology (of which I am a member), but I was inspired to do so after reading a few recent letters that called for the censorship of Marxist perspectives in the magazine.  Although I do take a keen interest in world politics, it is not a subject on which I have ever conducted any first-hand research or published any of my thoughts; thus I was particularly surprised when Mike Pitts deigned my short letter to be worthy of his "Editor's Choice." As a keen reader of the magazine, it was a great honour, so if you happen to be reading this, thanks Mike! 

Brought out every two months, British Archaeology: The Voice of Archaeology in Britain and Beyond is a great magazine, full of news and interesting articles on the current state of the discipline, detailing new discoveries, cutting edge research, book reviews, and job openings. My letter can be found on page 10 of the latest issue, No. 135 (March/April 2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment